1. Volunteer Video Contest! Yes, we know the teens are needing something to do. We challenge you to a Bright Futures Volunteer Video Contest. Send to us your most creative video in any format (e.g. TikTok, etc.), describing or doing volunteer work for HOPE while at home. (Whether you’re packing food, creating a dance or song) anything goes. The winner(s) will not only receive a gift certificate to HOPE’s Thrift Store ($50 value), but your video will also be shown in our May Newsletter, reaching over 15,000 friends of HOPE! This is a great opportunity for teens, Bright Futures or anyone wanting to get engaged in a fun way during an unprecedented time. Please send your video to email@example.com
2. Clothing drive – We all know everyone is taking time to clean their closets right now, so set aside a “Box for HOPE”. We accept clothing for men, women, babies, items for prom and work! You can drop your donations off once the HOPE Chest reopens.
3. Food Drive – Although food may be hard to come by now, think about setting aside a few items in the weeks to come and hold your own “home food drive”. A food drive kit can also be found on our website. Food donations can be dropped off during HOPE’s Food Pantry Hours: Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 am – 2:00 pm and Wednesday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
4. Message to the Elderly (HENS Clients) – Many of our clients are homebound and we deliver food to them weekly. Take a few moments to write a message or draw a picture for someone who needs it during this time. Messages can be dropped off during HOPE’s Food Pantry Hours as well.
5. Decorate Kids of HOPE Bags– Stop by HOPE and pick up a batch of special Kids of HOPE Bags to decorate. Include an inspirational message for a child in need. These bags will hold 5 days’ worth of lunches for children who typically receive free or reduced meal plans at school. HOPE serves over 500 children each year in the Kids of HOPE Program. Thank you for helping us continue to serve our children in need.
Any individuals interested in helping out in these or other ways can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.