HOPE Helps, Inc., dba The HOPE Chest, is looking for a positive, energetic, self-disciplined, and organized team player to join and contribute to our team as a thrift store Customer Service Representative in Oviedo. This 24-32 hour position may work as a cashier, volunteer lead, sorting donations and pricing/displaying these items for sale. Sorting donations entails receiving, sorting, cleaning, and pricing donations, as well as training and directing volunteers to assist. Must be able to stand for long periods. Excellent Customer Service is key because this position works frequently with the public whether it be customer interaction on the floor or at the register, people dropping off donations, or volunteers from our community. The right candidate will understand and convey the mission of HOPE as well as help promote outreach events and fundraisers. Store hours range from Monday-Saturday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm and availability on Saturdays is required.
· Understanding of HOPE’s mission, values, programs, and upcoming events.
· Promote HOPE activities and in general, current and future sales, attempting to upsell customers.
· Greet & assist clients, customers, donors, and volunteers in a polite, courteous, friendly, helpful manner.
· Assist with and perform cashier duties on Point Of Sale (POS) System.
· Manage incoming and outgoing phone calls, in a prompt and pleasant manner.
· Lead and help oversee volunteers making them feel busy and engaged, giving them a positive HOPE experience.
· Maintain store cleanliness/organization at opening, during the day, and at closing.
· Utilize computer for checking emails weekly and researching product recalls/pricing.
· Awareness of resource/event needs for specific items.
· Assured donations are stored to minimize damage and promote efficiency, as needed.
· Assist referred HOPE clients with thrift vouchers.
· Take direction easily and help implement HOPE’s policy/procedures.
· Ability to do arithmetic (including percentage) and count money quickly and accurately.
· Flexibility with schedule must be able to work Saturdays.
· Communicate with co-workers and work as part of a team.
· Identify potential problems and make recommendations for solving them.
· Required: Previous cashier/POS experience, excellent customer service experience. High School Diploma, Background Check.
· Preferred: Bilingual. Previous non-profit experience. Knowledge of furniture, antiques, collectibles, high-end clothing.
Please send resume, or application, and hourly pay rate expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with CSR in the subject line.