HOPE Helps, Inc., dba The HOPE Chest, is seeking a positive, energetic, self-disciplined and qualified team player to join and contribute to our team as a Customer Service Representative and Driver. This full-time position candidate will be responsible for sorting donations and pricing these items for sale. This position also entails driving a box truck or cargo van to pick up or deliver large items such as furniture, washers, dryers, etc. and food. Other responsibilities include light facility maintenance. Must be able to stand for long periods. Service with a smile is key because this position is always working with the public donating merchandise to sell, volunteering or purchasing as a customer. The right candidate will understand and convey the mission of HOPE as well as help promote outreach events and fundraisers. Store hours range from 8:30 am to 6:30 pm, Monday – Saturday.
- Understanding of HOPE’s mission and values.
- Candidate will be in contact with donors, clients and customers and must be friendly and courteous at all times, conveying HOPE’s amazing customer service.
- Assist and perform cashier duties on POS System when necessary.
- Utilize computer for researching recalls, pricing items, accessing internal forms, checking calendars and email.
- Assist in donation process to include sorting, pricing, testing, cleaning, and merchandising of the product to ensure that the sales floor is stocked.
- Assured donations are stored to minimize damage and promote efficiency.
- Driving responsibilities may include vehicle maintenance/logs, Second Harvest pick-ups, food drive/pantry pick-ups, store pick-ups/deliveries and event set up as needed.
- Receive and assist in scheduling vehicle requests, pickups and deliveries; assuring the appointments are added to calendar(s) when scheduled.
- Must be able to read maps and follow oral and written instructions and utilize computer/phone for researching most efficient pickup routes.
- Heavy lifting up to 100 lbs. (and 200 lbs. with assistance) is required for pick-ups, deliveries and merchandise movement. Must be able to stand for long periods and work outside on occasion.
- Proactively manage grounds as needed. This includes occasional touch up paint, gutter cleaning, blowing leaves, sweeping, trash removal, etc.
- Maintain store cleanliness/organization at opening, during the day and at closing. (Checklists)
- Identify potential problems and communicate recommendations for solving them.
- Position is full-time, 40 hours, and must have Saturday availability.
- Required: High School Diploma, Background Check, Valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Preferred: Handyman experience
Please send resume/application and hourly pay rate expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with CSR/DRIVER in the subject line.
Click here to download the job description.
Click here to download an application.
Please send resume, cover letter and pay rate expectation to email@example.com with CSR in the subject line.