HOPE Helps, Inc. is seeking a qualified candidate to maintain HOPE’s three facilities housing a Thrift Store, Resource Center, Food Pantry and Administrative Offices. This full-time position will be responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks for HOPE’s interior/exterior facilities (ex: equipment, furnishings, bathrooms, light fixtures, walls, floors and landscaping). Assure all facilities are in good working order to meet health and safety standards and present an attractive appearance. Other responsibilities include and driving HOPE’s two vehicles – Box Truck & Cargo Van – Performing duties as a HOPE driver to assist with pickups, deliveries and events.
- Understanding of HOPE’s mission, vision, values and structure.
- Responsible for Facility tasks for all three buildings on site. Tasks will be tracked and scheduled on daily/weekly/monthly checklists and in HOPE’s Facilities Calendar.
- Identify and perform facility maintenance, repairs and any other handyman tasks, as needed.
- Work alongside Store & Operations Manager to update facility contact list, checklists and calendar.
- Responsible for all waste removal at thrift store (dumpster, scrap metal, recycling, yard waste, etc.).
- Assist with heavy moving/lifting. This includes removing or rearranging furniture for store displays, event set up/tear down, pickups, and deliveries, as needed.
- Proactively manage grounds, as required. This includes maintenance with AC filters/drains, light fixtures, paint, gutter cleaning, light gardening, pressure washing, blowing, and sweeping.
- Perform special projects such as painting, assembly, repairs, etc., as requested.
- Train, guide and motivate any volunteers who may be assisting with facility work on site.
- Work alongside Store Manager and Operations Manager to anticipate potential issues, making improvement suggestions.
- Assist with identifying hazardous conditions and facility maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Consistently go over task lists, ongoing projects and facilities requests w/facility team.
- Create needs list, get approval for purchases, and schedule tasks in order of priority.
- Ensures that facilities are consistently prepared for use and maintained in a safe and clean condition.
- Keep facility grounds free form debris to avoid potential accidents.
- Follow safe working practices and make appropriate use of related safety equipment as required.
- Perform Driving responsibilities to include Second Harvest Food Bank pick-ups, Food Drive/Pantry pick-ups, Deliveries, Event set-up, and vehicle maintenance, as needed.
- Act as Volunteer Lead and cashier for store, as needed.
- Position is full-time, non-exempt, with hours fluctuating between Monday – Saturday.
- Required: High School Diploma, Valid FL Driver’s License, Background Check
- Preferred: Handyman experience. Must be able to lift/carry up to 100 lbs.
Please send resume and hourly pay rate expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with FACILITIES in the subject line.
Download job description here: Facilities Driver Job Posting