HOPE Helps, Inc. is seeking a qualified candidate to maintain HOPE’s three facilities housing a Thrift Store, Resource Center, Food Pantry, and Administrative Offices. This 20-hour position will be responsible
for performing routine building maintenance tasks for HOPE’s interior/exterior facilities (ex: equipment, furnishings, bathrooms, light fixtures, walls, floors, and landscaping). Assure all facilities are in good
working order to meet health and safety standards and present an attractive appearance. Other responsibilities include driving HOPE’s two vehicles – Box Truck & Cargo Van – Performing duties as a HOPE driver to assist with pickups, deliveries, and events.
- Responsible for Facility tasks for all three buildings on site. Tasks will be tracked and scheduled on daily/weekly/monthly checklists and in HOPE’s Facilities Calendar.
- Identify and perform facility maintenance, repairs, and any other handyman tasks, as needed.
- Responsible for all waste removal at thrift store (dumpster, scrap metal, recycling, yard waste, etc.).
- Assist with heavy moving/lifting. This includes removing or rearranging furniture for store displays, event set up/tear down, pickups, and deliveries, as needed.
- Proactively manage grounds, as required. This includes maintenance with AC filters/drains, light fixtures, paint, gutter cleaning, light gardening, pressure washing, blowing, and sweeping.
- Perform special projects such as painting, assembly, repairs, etc., as requested.
- Anticipate potential issues, hazardous conditions making improvement suggestions.
- Ensures that facilities are consistently prepared for use and maintained in a safe and clean condition.
- Follow safe working practices and make appropriate use of related safety equipment as required.
- Perform Driving responsibilities as a backup to include Food Bank pick-ups, Food Drive/Pantry pick-ups, Deliveries, Event set-up, and vehicle maintenance, as needed.
- The position is full-time, non-exempt, with hours fluctuating between Monday – Saturday.
- Required: High School Diploma, Valid FL Driver’s License, Background Check
- Preferred: Handyman experience, Must be able to lift/carry up to 100 lbs.
Please send resume, cover letter, and hourly pay rate expectation to email@example.com with FACILITIES in the subject line.
Click here to download the job description.
Click here to download an application.