FOOD PANTRY COORDINATOR
HOPE Helps, a local non-profit with a mission to prevent homelessness and keep families in their homes, is looking for a dynamic and organized person to join our team as a Food/Pantry Coordinator. This position is responsible for food purchasing and coordinating delivery to site, scheduling and supervision of volunteers for packaging and stocking food for client distribution, food drive coordination, oversight of open pantry hours and basic data collection. The ideal candidate would have previous non-profit or pantry experience and show a dedication to the mission of HOPE. Pantry hours range from Tuesday-Saturday, 8:30am to 2:30pm and availability on Saturdays is required.
- Understanding HOPE’s Mission, values and structure.
- Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of HOPE’s mission, programs, and upcoming outreach events.
- Greet and assist all clients, volunteers, donors in a friendly and courteous manner in person and via email/phone.
- Manage and assist with food inventory, stocking pantry shelves, outreach event food inventory and food rotation schedule per HOPE’s guidelines.
- Order food/produce on a routine basis and act as HOPE’s liaison for Second Harvest Food Bank.
- Maintain contact list of vendors and food partners.
- Manages food drive spreadsheet and schedule to include delivery, pick-up and drop off from various community drives.
- Oversees and works alongside HOPE Drivers to arrange pick-up and delivery of donated pantry food from vendor sites, when needed.
- Supervises and schedules pantry volunteer days/hours, oversee packing and cleaning.
- Works alongside Volunteer Manager/Leads to train all new volunteers/groups for various pantry roles and responsibilities.
- Keeps pantry, refrigerators and freezers clean and in compliance with established standards from the Department of Health and HOPE’s policies.
- Compiles requested statistics on food pantry, to include pantry visits/donations, temperature checks, food vendor reporting, etc.
- Organize and maintain volunteer check-in area (Kiosk, Donation Logs, Food Drive Board, Pantry Manuals, etc.).
- Take direction, act as liaison between pantry clients and Resource Team, provide suggestions to Resource Team and implement policies and procedures.
- Skills/Attributes: Ability to adapt in various environments, Maintain Confidentiality, Team Oriented, Possess High-Level Customer Service skills, Ability to be Firm and Pleasant when Enforcing Pantry Policies, Organized, Patient/Discerning, Energetic.
- Preferred: Previous Food/Pantry experience, Bilingual, Previous Nonprofit Experience.
Please send resume, cover letter, and pay rate expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with FOOD PANTRY COORDINATOR in the subject line.