HOPE Helps, a local non-profit with a mission to prevent homelessness and keep families in their homes, is looking for a dynamic and organized person to join our team as a Resource Specialist/Receptionist. This position is responsible for providing friendly client service through answering phones and greeting clients, assessing their needs and directing them to the appropriate resources within HOPE. The ideal candidate would have previous non-profit experience and show a dedication to the mission of HOPE.
- Understanding HOPE’s Mission, values and structure.
- Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of HOPE’s mission, programs, and upcoming outreach events.
- Greet and assist all clients, customers, volunteers and potential donors in a friendly and courteous manner in person and via phone.
- Scheduling client appointments with pantry, staff and other partner agencies.
- Direct clients to the appropriate resources within HOPE and refer interested and qualified clients meeting criteria to applicable program service providers outside of HOPE.
- Assist with Resource ACCESS Information area including:
- Food Stamp Applications
- Medicaid Applications
- Job Search
- Life Skills Training
- Resource Screen Updates
- Scheduling Classes (Financial, Nutrition, etc.)
- Client intake/ document collection for case management.
- Obtain general knowledge of available resources within Tri-County area.
- Organize and maintain lobby/work area (Resource materials/literature, Hygiene closet, Food Drive Board, Supply closet, etc.).
- Take direction, provide suggestions to Resource Team and implement policies and procedures.
- Perform administrative duties necessitated by program activities including but not limited to data entry, scanning, copying, correspondence, filing, word processing and spreadsheet, phone work, ordering supplies, receptionist tasks.
- Support established relationship partner agencies and area employers to coordinate services and outreach efforts.
- Assist in oversight of pantry and Resource volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Skills/Attributes: Ability to adapt in various environments, Maintain Confidentiality, Team Oriented, Maintain Composure in Crisis, Ability to be Firm and Pleasant when Enforcing Client Requirements, Organized, Patient/Discerning, Dynamic, Innovative Thinker, Energetic.
- Preferred: AA Degree, Bilingual, Proficient in MS Office and Google, Previous Nonprofit/HMIS Experience, Knowledge of Seminole County Social Services/Resources.
Please send resume, cover letter and pay rate expectation to email@example.com with RESOURCE SPECIALIST in the subject line.