HOPE Helps, a local non-profit with a mission to prevent homelessness and keep families in their homes, is looking for a dynamic and organized person to join our team as an Administrative Assistant. This 30-hour position is responsible for providing administrative support to HOPE’s executive team and administrative staff, as assigned. The ideal candidate would have previous non-profit experience and show a dedication to the mission of HOPE.
- Understanding HOPE’s Mission, Values, Vision and structure.
- Assist CEO with confidential administrative tasks, to include scanning, shredding, drive organization/clean-up, etc., as assigned.
- Assist in prep, set up and breakdown of executive meetings / tours (i.e. ordering food/supplies). Reset conference room after meetings / tours.
- Enter new contacts in HOPE’s donor and contact databases.
- Assist CEO and Operations/HR with all staffing events.
- Work alongside Operations Manager as it pertains to identifying department needs (ex: 812 supply inventory, researching pricing/vendor options and overall organization administrative needs).
- Maintain executive file organization (ex: HR files, vendor files, grants, department binders, etc.), as assigned.
- Assist CFO with copying incoming checks, scanning bills/invoices and counting money, as assigned.
- Check, open, stamp and distribute mail to various departments, daily.
- Assist Development Department with data entry, donor communications, including in-kind thank you letters, donor calls and bulk mailings.
- Perform administrative task requests for Marketing Department to include bulk copying, t-shirt distribution, printing marketing packets & maintaining HOPE portfolios.
- Assist Events Department in coordinating on-site box host distribution (pickups/drop-offs).
- Attend and assist with in-house and signature HOPE events, as assigned.
- Perform departmental clerical duties, as assigned by executive team.
- Skills/Attributes: Ability to adapt in various environments, Relationship building, High level of confidentiality, Team-oriented, Strong attention to detail, Takes direction with minimal assistance, Excellent organizational skills, Ability to develop effective work plans.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree (or relevant experience) / Proficient in Volunteer Database (i.e. Volgistics) / MS Office and Google / Previous Nonprofit Experience, a plus.
Please send resume, cover letter and pay rate expectation to email@example.com with ADMIN ASSISTANT in the subject line.
Click HERE for job description.