HOPE Helps, a local non-profit with a mission to prevent homelessness and keep families in their homes, is looking for an energetic, organized Event/Development Coordinator to help enhance our visibility in the local community. The Event/Development Coordinator works alongside the Events Manager in overseeing logistics of all HOPE events and as liaison for event coordination amongst partners in the community. This position will also work alongside Development Department to assist with follow up as it pertains to relationship building goals. Position is part-time, with weekend availability for scheduled events. Required: Event and/or Development Experience or Bachelor’s Degree, Background Check.
- Understanding of HOPE’s Mission, Vision, Values and Structure.
- Work alongside Events Manager to coordinate event logistics including venue, communications with vendors, planning and executing fundraising events including food, supplies, etc. Assist with regard to catering, audio/visual, security and rental needs for events. Knowledgeable of event floor plans and help oversee set-up and tear down.
- Maintain calendar/timelines of events and logistic spreadsheets to assist in long-term planning. Maintain event checklists to confirm all necessary preparations are in order. Update checklist and event binders after each event for the following year.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with program managers, marketing, committees and staff to promote event awareness, assist with on-site needs and act as an overall liaison for event needs.
- Be aware of event expenses to ensure targeted goals are met.
- Prepare event outline/timelines and identify all aspects of event needs, such as risk assessment and crisis management planning strategies. This includes, but is not limited to, security and first aid for the event.
- Provide post-event analysis from surveys, budget recaps and participant feedback, alongside Events Manager.
- Complete onsite event task requests; such as box wrapping coordination, event form updates, event supply inventory, etc.
- Works alongside Event and Volunteer Managers relating to event volunteer coordination; ex: event leads, shift descriptions and schedules, keeping volunteers on track. Assist with scheduling, training and supervising event volunteers.
- Work alongside Events Manager to facilitate event committee meetings as it relates to signature event logistics.
- Compile year-end stats in regards to HOPE Events, alongside Events Manager.
- Submit monthly receipts/expense reports to Finance.
- Attend event related networking opportunities, as needed.
- Collaborate with Events Manager to consistently organize and maintain inventory for event closet and storage unit (before and after each event).
- Coordinate all tabling/events by others logistics alongside Volunteer, Marketing and Development Departments.
- Coordinate follow up with contacts from tabling events and record in donor database for development tracking.
- Coordinate follow up with HOPE’s Takeover Day participants as it pertains to development goals.
Please send resume, cover letter and pay rate expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with EVENT/DEV COORDINATOR in the subject line.